I am, among other things in life, a writer.
I write for the pure, selfish joy of it.
I’m a Midwesterner. Though I love to travel, I’ve always made my home here. My sons and I were born in the same hospital. We can still drive past the house that their great-grandfather built with his own two hands.
Because I earned my bachelor’s degree in acting, and my masters in Public Administration, my job history’s…eclectic let’s say. It goes like this:
Dish washer, bartender, first aid instructor, cookie store manager, waiter, temp, dental assistant, telemarketer, theater house manager, department store clerk, fund-raising events planner, librarian’s assistant….
Oh, and a little acting.
I did commercials, summer stock, dinner theater and I was an extra in the stockholder scene in The Godfather III. Yes, I can honestly say I’ve been directed by Francis Ford Coppola.
Then I found my muse for fiction.
Fortunately, writing’s not like becoming a ballet dancer or a gymnast. You can start exactly when the inspiration hits you. In fact, you really can’t start before that. When it happens, it happens.
It all began for me almost a decade ago when I dipped my toe into the heady waters of posting online fan fiction. I had no idea how powerful having fans of my fiction could be! My drabble turned into a novel which hundreds of people all over the world have read.
Then Coven won an award!
I was hooked.
I practice hard these days.
- I’m an SCBWI member and avid workshop and conference attendee.
- I belong to Heartland Writers for Kids and Teens.
- I regularly have my manuscripts hammered and tweaked by the wise and honest writers of the Wednesday critique group.
- I work at a public library where I shuffle books all day, blog and teach writers’ workshops for adults and teens.
Take a look at my blog too, I Dig Graves – you’ll understand the title when you get there.
- CONTACT ME HERE: email@example.com